Nelson Mandela Day 2021July 18, 2021
Update on USCIS announcementJuly 25, 2021
SA CHAMBER USA joins the Chambers Climate Coalition.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) formed the Chambers Climate Coalition in 2019. It is an alliance of businesses committed to climate action. The aim is to reduce the risks and impact of climate change.
SA CHAMBER USA becomes a Signatory to the “International Chambers Climate Coalition”. Climate change threatens our resources and infrastructure and poses a significant challenge to our ability to thrive on the planet. The most widely accepted scientific assessments confirm that mitigating human-induced climate change is the most prudent. So, it is the responsible course of action we can take to protect our future.
The Global Coalitions of Chambers supports the Paris Agreement’s overarching objective. That is, to “hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels. Also to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. In doing so, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change.”
By joining the coalition, SA CHAMBER USA members commit to building a cleaner world. Also, more durable economies require a global cooperative effort. Especially as we must deploy climate solutions at a large scale. That is why the Chambers Climate Coalition believes climate action is everyone’s business. Therefore, the Coalition is here to empower local businesses and chambers to drive meaningful change.
As a member of the Coalition, the SA Chamber USA expect to:
- Firstly, connect with a community of chambers dedicated to sharing proven and effective best practices and initiatives. Specially tailored to local business needs.
- Secondly, leverage collective bargaining power and gain a seat at the table to influence global policy decisions.
- Thirdly, celebrate climate action success and support progress of the broader #Chambers4Climate community.
- Fourthly, collaborate with public and private entities to support cost-effective climate solutions and policies that work for people and the planet.
- Lastly, be directly involved in the global effort to mainstream climate mitigation into chamber services.
SA CHAMBER USA is taking the lead in the South African business community in the USA to reduce the impact of business on the environment. Join us here.