July 2021 update on VISA and NIE statusJuly 9, 2021
SA Chamber USA asks members to pray for South AfricaJuly 13, 2021
President Ramaphosa Address on 11 July 2021
SA Chamber USA keeps South Africans in the USA updated on President Ramaphosa ‘s address on 11 July 2021
It has been two weeks since his last briefing where President Ramaphosa moved the country into an adjusted alert level 4. President Ramaphosa spoke this evening and this is what he had to say during tonight’s briefing:
- Infections remain extremely high with the Delta variant causing a third wave, more severe than the first two waves.
- In the last two weeks over 4200 people have died from Covid
- Gauteng still accounts for more than half of all infections but other provinces are now rapidly picking up
- Covid-19 related deaths have surpassed that of the first wave.
- Country remains on adjusted alert level 4 for next 14 days
- All the same regulations will apply
- Sales of alcohol also remain prohibited
- Schools will remain closed until July 26
- Restaurants can operate again on the condition that they observe strict health protocols with limited patrons per sitting.
- Gyms and fitness centres may open
- Social, political and religious gatherings have to be limited.
- Alcohol sales limitations restrict admissions to hospitals due to less accidents and other incidents related to alcohol abuse.
Vaccination roll-out now in full swing.
The major challenge for the roll-out is the availability of vaccines. The African Union has reached a historic agreement that will alleviate this challenge. Aspen will now provide 17million doses of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine for SA and the rest of the African continent. From October the amount will double each month. The goal is to produce the vaccine in SA. Vaccines from China are now also approved for distribution in SA.
This is the update of President Cyril Ramaphosa ‘s address on 11 July 2021.
For Regular updates follow SA Chamber USA – https://www.facebook.com/sachamberusa/