June CartoonJune 8, 2021
Youth Day 2021June 18, 2021
President Ramaphosa Address on 15 June
The SA Chamber USA keeps South Africans updated on President Ramaphosa ‘s address on 15 June to the South African nation.
Over 8400 new Covid-19 positive cases have been reported in the past 24 hours. More than 58 000 South Africans have died since the start of the pandemic.
Here is the summary of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s 15 June meeting address:
- All provinces (but for Northern Cape) are experiencing rising numbers and many in the third wave
- Gauteng has been worst hit – accounts for two thirds of new cases reported in the past two weeks
- Within days the number of cases in Gauteng will surpass that of the second wave
- Need to act decisively and quickly
- It is through our behaviour that the virus is spread
- If we have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, we need to quarantine for ten days – it is imperative when tackling the fight against the virus
- Massive surge means we must once again tighten restrictions
- Move to Alert level 3 as from tonight
- Hours of curfew from 10pm to 4am
- None essential establishment will close at 9pm (bars, restaurants, gyms)
- All gatherings limited to 50 indoors and 100 outdoors
- Attendance at funerals and cremations not more than 50 people
- Sale of alcohol for off-site consumption between 10am and 6pm from Monday to Thursday
- Alcohol for on-site consumption as per licenses and up to 9pm
- No alcohol consumption in public spaces.
For ongoing updates follow SA Chamber USA on https://www.facebook.com/sachamberusa/